Wednesday, February 08, 2006

HELP! HELP! TECHNICAL SPAZ AT WORK

Ok....I'll admit it, I know nothing beyond the ordinary about computers. I can type without looking at my fingers, I can use my computer at work (most of the time), I can figure out how to do an excel spreadsheet, I've made a power point presentation but this blog stuff is driving me nuts. I'm trying to figure out how to make a drop down box so I can add all the peoples blog that I read and somehow the side information has now dropped to the bottom. Please help!!!!

1. How do I lift my side stuff back up????
and......
2. How do I make a drop down box for all you people who are blowing up your key boards from the tears falling into them because I haven't blog-rolled you (is that the correct term)?

***Just so you know I will update my blog this weekend with what's been going on in my life. I'm staying with my grandmother who isn't doing well while my mom and aunt go away to Atlantic City for the weekend. I always have these deep thoughts on long drives and I'm guessing that Thursday's four hour drive from Maryland to the Bronx in New York at 9pm won't be any different.

So....please help me figure out this blog stuff.

And to those crying into their keyboards....I am definitely going to add you this weekend (well, as soon as I figure this junk out)

have a great Wednesday! Interesting posts coming this weekend, I promise (well promise as long as someone in my grandmother and aunt's building has wireless internet so I can use my laptop. Somebody in a 10 floor building has got to have wireless internet that I can hack into, right???

Thanks in advance for all your advice. Love ya! Got to go get ready for work, saving the world one kid with autism at a time (Thanks to a dear friend for that great saying for what I do. I love that you get me!)

5 Comments:

At 4:17 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

I'm a technical spaz too, so I probable can't help you....But maybe there is a huge gap in the template between the blog posts and the profile and everything in the sidebar that's making it so far down the side. I'm not game to play around with mine to see if that's what it is for fear that I may not be able to get it back to normal! lol! I hope you fix it!

 
At 1:51 AM , Blogger Erik said...

If you want a better idea of how to do it, go to a site that has what you want and right click on the screen somwhere. One of the options should be "View Source". That'll bring up the HTML code used on the that page.

I'd try to explain more, but my brain isn't working too well. I figure the example might be all you need, tho. Good luck

 
At 1:21 PM , Blogger Blue944 said...

Copy your template and put it into a note pad file and send it to me. I will fix it. That will take 5 minutes, but explaining it would take a lifetime.

Happy to help.

 
At 4:25 PM , Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Thanks for the advice everyone and blue I just emailed to you. You're amazing!

 
At 3:37 AM , Blogger Lush said...

Oh no, It must be this pink template. It's happened to mine too. How did you end up fixing it? From one techspaz to another...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home