Saturday, February 11, 2006

STRANDED AT GRANDMA'S

A month ago, I talked my mother and aunt into going away for the weekend to Atlantic City and I would stay with my grandmother. My aunt lives with and takes care of my grandmother who isn't doing all that well. Growing up my grandmother was the closest person to me. On school breaks, I would stay with her and my aunt. She was the one who would talk to me, listen to me and just overall make me feel good about myself. Now she's 85 years old suffers severly from depression, dementia, incontinence and a whole bunch of other ailments. So this weekend I traveled from Baltimore, Maryland to Riverdale, New York to spend quality time with grandma while my aunt takes some much needed R&R in Atlantic City.
The weather has been great this winter. I bought a new winter coat and have barely worn it. It's been in the 50's. We haven't seen snow since the beginning of December (or about then). All this past week there has been threats of the possibility of snow. Maybe enough snow to make a footprint or something like that. Thursday evening, before I left to journey to New York, there was definitely going to be enough snow to make a footprint but no more. So, Thursday at 10pm, I got in the car after a fundraiser and made the three and a half hour trip to New York. Not a problem, like I always say I can sleep when I'm dead (woke up that am at 5am to go to the gym and got to grandma's at 1:30am). Friday morning, the weather report says a few inches. Ok......not a problem..an inconvenience for my aunt and mother who left that morning for Atlantic City but no big whoop (snow to start sat. night and end sunday am).
NOW-A BLIZZARD WARNING IS IN EFFECT!!!! 8-12 inches are coming. My aunt and mother are headed back to New York a day early and I'm stranded at grandma's until Monday. This kind of sucks. I have doctor appointment on Monday at 8am and stuff to get done at work. This is going to be a kind of shitty reason to take a personal day on Monday. My only hope is that Maryland gets the 12-15 inches of snow that they are talking about and my office is closed. DAMM SNOW!!!

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM , Blogger thtgrl said...

i'm sorry to say that the roads are pretty clear here and your office is going to be open. try and make the best of your "vacation"/visit!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home