Monday, January 07, 2008

The Secret

Ok, so I received a book from a friend; one of those self-help books. A friend of hers told her about this book and said that it changed her life. It's called The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. I've started the book and, well frankly, I don't see what the big secret is about this book. It's all about the power of positive thinking; that if you think positively, positive things will happen. Why is this a big deal? Why is this the "secret" that they are sharing. Who really cares? I'm hoping that this book gets better because as of half-way through it's a big bunch of bull-shit. What I really would like to know is how this person says that this changed her life. It's common sense. I don't know, I just needed to rant. I'm beginning to this self-help books are just a bunch of crap, just stating the obvious. What do you think?

1 Comments:

At 7:25 PM , Blogger Kris said...

I really think that most self-help books are revealing a lot of common sense information that is already out there. Unfortunately, sometimes people don't believe in common sense until its right there in front of their face.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home