Tuesday, February 05, 2008

GOOD-NIGHT MY LOST LOVE

Ever wonder whether there’s a big neon arrow in the sky pointing to your head flashing “Wacko’s welcome.” Really, is it me? Single girls out there must know what I’m talking about. My dating life (or lack there-of) seems to be a big giant joke.
So, TG and I are broken up, been that way since summer-time. I’m great with it. Perspective gained: I deserve a hell of a lot better but I will not completely cut him out of my life because he’s a really good Toyota mechanic who works on my car for cheap. I know that’s kind of sleazy of me but I drive for work, A LOT. I need an oil and filter change every other month. Jiffy Lube $39.95, TG $10. He only charges me for parts plus throws in a whole hell of a lot of stuff with it. So when he instant messages me, I chat. I say no every time he asks to come see my house, I say no every time he asks if I want to grab something to eat, I just say no. Since the “break-up” I’ve become friends with his friend, who will otherwise be known as Hot Uncle B. (There’s daddy B too, another friend of TG’s I’ve inherited. Sometimes I think Hot Uncle B and Daddy B share a brain). I was on a two hour phone call with Hot Uncle B a couple of weeks ago for a while (it was a snowy day and he was stuck in traffic) when he, out of no-where asks me if I’d get back together with TG. No thought….just a big hell no on my part. (I think I was a little bit more tactful but, maybe not). I told him that I just think that TG needs to grow up and I deserve better, he completely agreed and understood (Hot Uncle B just got separated can’t date him YET). So, since he brought it up, I asked, why the sudden interest? Apparently TG must have said something about missing me and a whole bunch of b-s like that.
Fast forward to super bowl Sunday. I went to my boss’s hubby’s surprise bday/super bowl party. Got there at 2, by half-time I was exhausted and went home after half-time. So I’m home, goofing around on the computer and I start get a whole bunch of text messages from a drunk TG. He was watching the super bowl with a bunch of friends and wanted to see how I was doing. I texted him back, I’m fine, okay, okay, okay. Then things start getting weird cause I asked why he was texting me when he’s hanging out with friends? Cause he misses me. WHATEVER! I told him “not appropriate” and it’s time to move on with his life, I have. So I get I’m sorry texts, I’m drunk, forgive me. Then I went to go take my shower before bed. Back to the phone, after my shower, a text from TG that says “Goodnight my lost dear.” What the hell is that?
Now, I don’t know what to do. Do I ignore it and continue to im him when he im’s me so I can continue to get cheap car service or do I need to just suck it up and find a new mechanic. I don’t want to get back together with him. I’ve moved on. What do you do when you’ve moved on but someone else, apparently, hasn’t? Is it my problem to do something (or not do anything anymore) or is it his problem? Questions? Questions? Questions?

On a side note, I’ve started internet dating again so my blog should start to get interesting again. Stay tune…story later this week about the weird phone call I had yesterday with the “Jew from Texas.”

6 Comments:

At 6:48 PM , Blogger Kris said...

As much as I love a good deal. I think you need to cut your losses and find another mechanic. Let's face it, it may be 39.95 but its worth your sanity.

And the reason why the texts all of a sudden, because he has had several months to be alone..is not as secure as you, and thinks you know what no other girl is going to put up with my shit..but man she sure did..so maybe if I play the hurt puppy card she will take pity.

And yes he lost you, he had his chance, and you gave him another chance. You shouldn't lay your heart on the coals for someone who takes this long to figure things out. He should of done it a long time ago.

But the is just my honest opinion, and a reason why I remain single with no dates. And yes I think we share that neon sign. But that doenst mean we can't write a great book about it later.

So when all else fails, throw rocks.

 
At 6:49 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Oh and almost forgot...

A man that has to get intoxicated to voice his feelings and on a text message of all places, is a man whose text messages you should no longer return.

 
At 4:05 PM , Blogger Blue944 said...

OK, I ageee with everyone that Kris said...well with one exception. I think a good mechanic is very hard to find and a good cheap mechanic is even harder. I wouldn't worry about using him, if he didn't want to be used he wouldn't be.

You have to judge for yourself when the aggrevation is too much and not worth the car service.

I would also point out that most men are idiots and never know what they have until it leaves them. Believe me I know. ;)

 
At 4:06 PM , Blogger Blue944 said...

And for Kris - do all men a favor and start dating again...the pool could use some more good people.

 
At 5:50 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Awww Blue that was so sweet. That put a smile on my face for Friday.

And I concur with Blue as long as you don't mind using him for the mechanic, but if spending about 20 dollars less means more headaches..you might need to shop around for a better deal.

 
At 12:26 AM , Blogger Hey Jo said...

I have to agree with both Blue and Kris. Move on and let him stew with his thoughts that he may have screwed up something pretty damn good.

Wish I could help you with the mechanic. I have a guy I have been going to for the last 15+ years. The good ones are hard to find. Do you have an Angie's list out there? It is kinda like a local BBB with reviews and recommendations written by people.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home