Saturday, May 17, 2008

My Thirty-third Year

Tuesday was the start of my 33rd year. So far the year has been a lot of fun, the year of awesome time with friends. Tuesday night I went out to dinner and lots of drinks with MB and Con. We had so much fun, probably way too much fun but isn't that what girls night should be about, tons and tons of laughs. Plus on Saturday night we got together at MB's with Nancy. Also, one of the friends of Toyota Guy's that I got custody of in the break-up came out with his absolutely adorable 5 year old son. Kind of makes me long for kids but I'm trying to make year 33 the year of fun.
Also, at the end of the 32nd year I decided to cut out of my life, completely, Toyota Guy. He got involved with some goofy shit I was doing with a few friends and tainted it. I've decided to stop selling my soul for cheap car service. Guess I'll have to find a new mechanic now.
As for dating, I'm trying to casually date this guy I met on eharmony. It's one of those casual no future type things that I'm trying to do but I'm not sure how well I do at that. Why is it I want casual with a guy and I think he actually really likes me. The guy has way too much baggage to be a future material, yet I'm think he actually likes me. I invited him over to my house Tuesday night after I got home, completely zonked out of my mind. Afterall I was laying in bed bored and drunk and he was home watching tv bored. Why can't we be bored together? So after 15, are you sure on his end, he came over. I just unlocked the door and stumbled back into bed. He was so flipping funny, took him 25 minutes to sit on the bed, 25 minutes to not sit on the bed at the edge of the bed and 20 minutes to lay on the bed next to me. Now, I know he's attracted to me (trust me I know) and yet, he wouldn't make a single move (not even a kiss) cause I was completely drunk (apparantly alcohol was seeping out of my pores, even though I had showered and brushed my teeth). This in the grand scheme of life is very, very, sweet but in the casual dating arena kind of annoying, especially when he's not a guy I want for futuristic long-term dating. Aaargh...I really hate dating!!

However, I still fully intend for the 33rd year of my life to be awesome!!!

3 Comments:

At 6:30 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Happy birthday to another beautiful, lovely, caring, compassionate, and soulful May baby! I wish you all the best for your 33rd year of life and many, many, many more wonderful years and things to come.

I am glad you cut out Toyota Guy, and I KNOW there is a great guy out there for you. If not, from what I have seen the single girls club is made up of some beautiful and exceptional women!

 
At 8:06 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

Happy Birthday! A year of fun definitely sounds like the way forward. It's how I live my life! I don't know whether that's a good or a bad thing but I can see no harm in doing it for just one year! Keep the alcohol seeping from your pores!! hahaha!

 
At 12:18 AM , Blogger Eebie said...

Hey, Jesus Christ died in his 33rd year...just saying that is an auspicious year.

If you want to top the Son of Man, live until your 34. So be careful in all that partying and living it up as Cherry recommends.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home