Tuesday, April 22, 2008

THE GIRL CAN JUST NOT CATCH A BREAK!!!

People ask me why I'm putting myself out there and doing this on-line dating thing. I can tell you exactly why, it's because a girl needs more in her life than just work. It's just like I was saying this evening speaking with a friend, when the professional side of you is the only thing you've got that's going right, when there are work issues, your life just plain old sucks. That is what the mood is stemming from but that's not an issue I'm ready to discuss (or may ever be ready to discuss in this forum).

My issue of this moment is that this on-line dating thing is for me, it's not a work thing. The only mention of work, is when discussing what my passions are my work does tend to be one of them. With a profession like mine, if you're not passionate about it, you'ld better find something else to do in a completely different line. So for me, work does not co-incide with on-line dating.....that is until today!!!!

So on eharmony you can either do this guided communication where you have to answer 5000 and one questions before you can send your own message. I think it's apretty good way to weed people out but I'm digressinbg. So you can either enter in the question marathon or you can fast track it, meaning bypassing the question marathon and going directly to emailing. This evening while checking my eharmony account, I got a fast track request from a new potentioal match. Curious I opened it. Dang darn it....my two damm worlds just collided. It was some match, who prefaces that this isn't a line and who doesn't know about dating potential but who wants more info about autism because his ex-wife is suspecting that their son has autism. Awww f**k time to switch modes. Dang-it, yes I'll help out, give me a call to discuss but I'm seriously thinking that I never wanted these worlds to collide and can't you just leave me the f**k alone. Don't you think that a girl just needs time to be a vulnerable girl and not a kick-ass strong professional

Why is it that I just can't catch a break and leave work at work?? Why must it follow me everywhere I go???

2 Comments:

At 12:24 AM , Blogger Kris said...

I have had a siuation similar to that. And you are right, you are as deserving to have a personal life that is not associated with work, as you are to work in a job that is both wortwhile and fulfilling.

You have better patience than I, I would of probably given him a hotline to call.

I hope the next "match" proves to be better potential. Sending hugs your way!

 
At 5:51 PM , Blogger Hey Jo said...

I would have directed them to a related website or professional that they can contact.

Or even better yet, tell them that your services are $500/hour and that you bill a minimum of 25 hours up front for an evaluation. That will shut them up quickly.

And hey if they pay it... kudos to you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home