Saturday, December 16, 2006

THE MEANING OF GIFT-GIVING

Welcome to the holiday season. The suckiest time of the year (yes...I'ld like a table for bitter party of one). I am not a holiday kind of person. I really don't like this time of year but I still participate in it. Why do I participate in something I detest? Because it shows that I care. That's really what gift-giving is all about. It's about showing someone that you care about that you care enough that you spend your limited time to go fight the crowds with aching feet to get them something that you know that they'll appreciate it. That's what it's about showing that you care.
So my question is.... what do you do if someone doesn't feel the need to show that they care? Do you just accept it? Settle for something less than you desearve? Yell and scream and cry because you're not appreciated? Or do you just let it go? Let it go, knowing that you are not appreciated, cared about or though about?

DAMM I HATE THIS TIME OF YEAR!!!!!!

4 Comments:

At 9:41 PM , Blogger Hey Jo said...

I hate this time of year also... the stress to find the perfect gift for someone....

I do have to say my one neice was fun about it. All she wanted was a princess crown. That was it. And that is what she got. She is only 5 so she is easy to please.

I guess the magic of the season left me years ago.

 
At 3:04 AM , Blogger Kris said...

I just usually let it go. I try to forget this time as much as possible. I hate the holidays.

 
At 7:17 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 10:25 AM , Blogger thtgrl said...

i love this time of year because it's fun to give people things that they didn't realize i heard them say they needed earlier in the year. lke, if i hear someone say that they need something in august, i either write it down or go get it then so i'm not spending my entire november paycheck before the holiday. this makes it less sressful-- less crowds-- money is spread out-- and you don't run out of ideas. i'm always so proud of myself when i give someone something that i knew they really needed/wanted. you shouldn't hate the holidays-- make the best of them. it's not about what you get-- it sounds corny, but the fun part can really be the giving. :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home