Saturday, October 07, 2006

CAR ACCIDENT = PERSONAL HELL

I am in my own personal hell and it's not even my damm fault. I know that I am a horrible driver. People do not normally allow me to drive and that's fine with me because I HATE TO DRIVE. But the accident on Tuesday (see previous blog) was not my fault but it's still causing me hell.
RENTAL HELL
First of all, the car I was driving was a rental and this is where my hell begins.
When you normally have an accident and it's not your fault, you do not have to pay your deductible. Apparantly, when you are in an accident in a rental you have to pay the deductible and hope that the insurance company pays you back. I HAVE A $500 DEDUCTIBLE. I can't get a new rental car until I pay the deductible (anyone have $500 I can borrow?)
My car won't be ready until sometime this coming week. So basically I've been without a car since Tuesday since I can't get a new rental until I sign papers and pay my damm deductible. That really was fine Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday cause frankly I didn't feel well enough to do anything, anyways. The rental place is only open from 8-6 during the week and it's a half an hour from my house (I rented the car near my body shop). PEOPLE WORK DURING THOSE HOURS AND DON'T HAVE TIME TO DRIVE ME AROUND). So when I spoke to the rental place, they told me that they were open Saturday from 9-1. Not a problem since Toyota Guy said that he would take me. 11:45, TG picks me up today. We drive over to the rental place and, guess what, THEY CLOSED AT 12!. So,tomorrow TG is going to pick me up and I'm going to spend the night at his house. On Monday morning he is going to drop me off at the rental place at a few minutes before 8 since he works five minutes from the rental place and needs to be there at 8.
So basically I'm trapped like a rat in my house.

MEDICAL HELL
I admit it, I still hurt. My back aches, my necks aches and I've had a headache for a while. I went to the doctor on Wednesday (I had an appt anyways) and got checked out (COST $100, ANOTHER AMOUNT OF MONEY I NEED TO FIGHT INSURANCE FOR). I'm doing okay. My doctor wants me to go for physical therapy. Wa-hoo, I have the time for that (NOT) and they'll probably charge me a fee which I'll have to get back from the insurance company.
Also, I look like hell!! My right arm is black from where I had blood taken and my left hand is green from where they put the IV in.

FEAR HELL
I AM SCARED TO DEATH TO DRIVE! I was in the car with TG today and everytime someone put on there brakes, I paniced and tried to press my non-existent brake. I was so freaked out I cried. I have no idea how, when I finally get a car, I am going to drive.

So, basically, I'm going through my own personal hell and the DAMM ACCIDENT WASN'T EVEN MY FAULT!!

4 Comments:

At 3:57 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am the same way. I got rear ended last year...and hit twice by a truck that fled. And still when I am stopping and I see someone in my rear view that look like they are getting too close I brace myself. It still freaks me out.

Even when the accident is not your fault, it takes awhile to get out of that fear. So just hang in there girl, and I understand the hell of insurance companies.

I went through so much crap last year when the accident wasn't my fault, but still had to pay my deductible because the guy fled.

 
At 7:44 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

What kris? You got rear ended?!?!?! Half your luck.

 
At 7:47 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

I once finally relaxed with grandma-esque male roommate of mine (after smoking a j though) and just moments after I relaxed and felt his crazy driving days were over he ran up the ass of another car. Freaked me out and I still think peeps that are driving me places are going to crash.

 
At 11:50 PM , Blogger ndheathen said...

Yeah, I was a little freaked about driving for a while after I drove into a guard rail when I was living in CT. I'm not even sure if I had gotten 100% of my confidence by the time I got rid of my car.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home