Tuesday, February 27, 2007

WEEKEND IN REVIEW

This weekend TG and I drove to New York to visit with a friend from New York who had a Valentine Baby. Shocker of all shockers, we actually stayed with my parents. The three and half hour drive to New York was fun, except for TG complaining about me changing the channel every five minutes. I can't help it, when I drive I like to sing along with the radio so i scan constantly until I find a song I can sing along with. I, also, got a little huffy cause he wanted the dog to sit in the front with him and I wanted him to sit in the back. Looking back that is the silliest thing to argue about. So finally we arrived in New York and spent about an hour talking with my parents and then looking at pictures of when my brothers and I were young. My parents actually let TG and I sleep together on the horribly uncomfortable sofa bed that actually broke on Saturday night. TG went to sit on the end of the bed and fell through (oh, I laughed my hiney off!!)
Saturday we went to go see my friend and her new baby. He was soooo damm cute. I held him for about two hours and, since he's going to be a thumbsucker but couldn't ocordinate putting his hands in his mouth without scratching his face, sucked on my pinky for about an hour. He is so cute and I have to say made me long for having a baby of my own.
Another huge plus of that visit was that we bought pizza over for lunch. I'm sorry but outside of New York, I just can't find good pizza and bagels (had them Sunday morning). It's just not possible, I've been trying. I think it has to do with the water.
Saturday, after the baby time, TG and I spent time with my family which included my mom, dad, brothers and one brothers girlfriend (who just happended to be in New York from Maryland for the weekend also) my grandmother and my aunt. We played a few hours of Imagine If and Apples to Apples. Two really fun games to play with a group of people.
Sunday after bagels, lox, creamcheese and herring, I sent TG out with my dad to the auto parts store. Yes, my boyfriend and my dad the retired ny city cop who hates anyone who dates his daughter went out together ALONE. They were gone for over two hours and TG said they actually chatted the whole time. Haven't spoken to dad yet to find out his thoughts on the outing. My mom, brothers and brother girlfriend stayed home to play games.
Then we hit snow panic! A friend of mine called and told me that it was horrible in Maryland so I paniced and left in a rush. I even forgot to say goodbye to my brother (MEAN HORRIBLE SISTER). Things were okay until exit 5 on the New Jersey Turnpike where I had a little panic attack while driving since I couldn't see the lines and there was no place to pull over safely to let TG drive. Finally I pulled over at the rest stop and made TG drive the rest of the wall. Well, all that snow panic and rushing and we arrived in Maryland to three inches of snow which of course i made TG shovel me out.
Overall it was a really good weekend and a huge first for me, bringing a guy home. Wonder if that means anything???? Scary isn't it? So how was your weekend?

2 Comments:

At 5:48 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Glad you had a good family outing. Just enjoy the moment, relax, and take it one moment at a time. There is nothing to analyze except TG should be thanking his lucky stars that you thought him special enough to bring home to the folks. I am keeping my fingers crossed for you. I live vicariously through you!

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Hey Jo said...

Glad to hear that you guys had a good time with your family. That is an important thing if this is going to be a long term relationship.

We had the snow panic that turned out to be much ado about nothing. We got about 5 inches of snow Friday nite and it was supposed to be a blizzard on Sat nite-Sun... it tracked a bit differnet and we woke up to about 2 inches of wet slush. I was happy that it wasn't the 12-18 inches they were predicting.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home