Tuesday, June 03, 2008

A GRRRR kind of day

Friday afternoon I had periodontal surgery. Something about pushing back muscles in my mouth and moving tissue to cover it. I'm not sure. I'm a firm believer in the less I know, the less chance I'll have of passing out because you've made me sick (nope being a dr, nurse, etc, is not in the cards for me). Friday, I had novacaine mouth, so I felt fine. Saturday, little sore but really okay. Sunday lot more sore but surviving. Yesterday and today I feel like crap and I look like a chipmunk from the swelling. It's perfectly normal, the nurse said that could happen, I just didn't plan for that. So basically I'm in pain today and popping extra stregnth tylenol. A bad day to start with but oh it's getting worse.
Today I have to drive 2 1/2 hours for a one hour school visit (actually 5 total because I have to get home). This visit I was supposed to do with my boss but, of course, she had another drama and got back from Wisconsin late last night so isn't going to come with me. I know I sound totally unsympathetic but, seriously, so would you when you're dealing with someone who has drama after drama after drama. I know they're all totally justifiable but still I can't take it anymore. I can't take feeling like a bitch anymore and that's what I feel like. She has drama and totally takes it out on me, hence the jeckel and hyde nickname I have for her. When someone always has something new going on in their lives, it's just hard to be sympathetic and I've always been considered a sympathetic/empathetic kind of person. Something has got to give.
So, now, I have to finish getting dressed and drive 2 1/2 hours, see my kiddo at his residential school for an hour, maybe stop at the outlets to wander around for a bit with no money, then drive 2 1/2 hours home, all the while popping tylenol and praying for my bed. Yippee, it's gonna be a fun day

1 Comments:

At 1:56 PM , Blogger Kris said...

I am sorry that you are feeling poorly. You sound a lot like me...you always end up saying 'Yes' when really all you want to say is 'hell no'. You are a giver, and unfortunately people take advantage of that a LOT.

I hate drama as well. Does your company reimburse you for the mileage for having to drive 2.5hrs both ways?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home