Saturday, April 01, 2006

ANOTHER NIGHT OF TORTURE A.K.A. - The date with the jackass of a title attorney.

Why do I put myself through this type of torture? So, I went out tonight with the Title Attorney. We met at the Cheesecake Factory. He brought me a present. A card that shows whether you should hit or stand during blackjack since I had talked to him on my way home from Atlantic City. We had talked about my dad teaching me to play blackjack. He got me this card so I wouldn't make stupid bets and so I wouldn't get beat up for making stupid hits. I thought it was sweet and he was joking abut him beating up/acting rude to people who made what he considered stupid bets. BOY WAS I WRONG!!
Cheesecake Factory was a two hour wait so we walked over to Capital City Brewing Company. He starts talking about going to an Orioles game on Friday. So I ask him who they were playing and he responded that he didn't care and asked me if I was a fan. I explained that I root for the Orioles when the Yankee's aren't playing. He proceeded to tell me that he throws peanuts at people who root for the enemy team. (OK) He then proceeds to tell me about some Maryland kid who went to Duke to play basketball and when Duke came to Maryland, his mother, a native Marylander, went to the game and rooted for her son. This woman, apparantly, got hit in the head with a water bottle and suffered a concussion. This guy thought she desearved brain damage and not just a concussion for rooting for Duke in Maryland. (Can we say jackass?).
He then went on to talk about teachers being able to use corpral punishment. children should be on leashes, social workers are bleeding hearts. It was just one shitty comment after another. He also used a whole bunch of yiddish terms, that I have to admit I'm not 100% sure what they mean...I'll have to ask Independent Girl on Monday, but I don't think they are meant to be used nicely. At one point, I really just wanted to ask him if there was anybody he liked. He just kept making these horrible generalizations about people. It was awful!
Normally on bad dates I talk too much. Ok, I'll admit it, normally, in general, I talk to much. This date, I barely said a word. I was just too much in shock by what was flying out of this guys mouth.

***Note to self, when going on these dates, make sure you go someplace where you don't have to pay for parking! There is no reason I should have to shell out any money to be tortured!***

5 Comments:

At 9:45 AM , Blogger thtgrl said...

having grown up in pikesville, i can tell you now to stay away from anyone in the mortgage or title business. sorry i didn't tell you sooner. that's where all of the assholes i grew up with work. they're all shady. all of them. he likely left your date and met his friends at the titty bar after doing a line of coke in his car.

 
At 10:55 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 7:30 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

Sounds like an absolute moron! Dis he seriously think that he was impressing you?????

 
At 10:22 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Thanks for the great comment on my blog...Your entries crack me up! I am glad you like the LeeAnn Rime's song.

I have learned on bad dates like this that you always come prepared..with constigency calls at planned times in case something happens. Of course, besides being deaf I don't know what might have saved you from that disaster.

I think we need to start tagging these guys before we release them back into the wild, so that the next girl who comes along will see the tag identification "asshole" and just run in the other direction.

 
At 10:04 PM , Blogger Blonde said...

I would have left him at the bar alone after the first judgmental comment.

One good thing about losers like him, is that they show their true colors quickly, so you can ditch them just as quickly. they don't realize what douche bags they are.

Love the blog :).

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home