Sunday, March 12, 2006

DEAL-BREAKERS

When it comes to dating everyone's got them. Deal-breakers. Those little things that mean the world to you that no matter how wonderful someone may be, these things smack them way off your dating list. My deal-breaker list is:
1. Must want children - No, not today but eventually. I want to have children and there are no but's about it with this one. You don't, I don't want to date you. DEAL-BREAKER!
2. Must have a job - I'm way too old to date someone without one. I'm all for being in between jobs but more than three to six months in between and that's considered out of work not in between. I don't make enough money to support me, my shoe habit and whatever bad habits you have. Plus, to be frank, I don't want to. No job, not date with me. DEAL-BREAKER!
3. Must not be on drugs - I don't do them, don't want to date someone who is on them. DEAL-BREAKER!
Are these tough thngs to ask for NO!!!! But these three things are major deal-breakers for me. So, what are your deal-breakers? Don't lie I know you have them!

***PS - date last night not why I'm talking about deal-breakers. Date last night pretty good. (I know shocker of all shockers!) We'll see what happens.. i don't hold my breathe, my theory if worse comes to worse at least I got a free meal, couple of drinks and good coversation!...I'll keep you updated!!

10 Comments:

At 3:38 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

Good work re the date.

My deal breaker:

Must not be a loser, which probably brings into play all of your deal breakers.

 
At 10:57 AM , Blogger Bethany said...

Deal breakers for me are:
1.) Must want to get married (maybe not to me, but at some point).
2.) Must want children.
3.) Must like and or want dogs.
4.) Must have a job.
5.) Must be funny and intelligent (must be able to hold a conversation!)
I'm not asking too much, am I? LOL.

 
At 4:47 PM , Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

oh...I forgot about the must love pets! Thanks for reminding me Bethany. Loser is definitely the word...or like I describe them...must not be a "freak on parade."

 
At 5:57 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

They must have a job....not live at home...no drugs...not wanted by the police!!!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Blue944 said...

It sounds like all the deal breakers mentioned here would seem like common sense really...jobs, drugs, losers, convicted felon etc...but I guess the children thing might be an issue. I am sure there are many men out there that do not want to start a family...or can't. Would you consider adoption?

 
At 9:32 PM , Blogger thtgrl said...

must like my kid...and not change his mind later if the kid whines. i demand too much, i think.

 
At 8:56 AM , Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Dawn...I guess I should add not wanted by the police! Good one!

Blue...you'ld be suprised how hard my list is to find. The kid issue..adoption to me is still wanting kids. So I'd of course be okay w/that.

TG - YOu'll find someone to love CK too. Kids whine. It's what they're best at. Have faith..you'll find someone to love you and CK too!

 
At 10:08 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I guess I am the last one to come up with something that hasn't already been mentioned. Let's see a deal breaker for me would be:
1)must be settled and responsible in life
2)must have good old fashioned morals, standards,and values in life
3)As for kids...well my time has past...and thank god for that...i love kids but disagree with the way Society is raising them these days....they lack all of #2 today...I am ashamed of all parents today. Thank God I am not with them today or my kids would be dead and I would be in jail...lol
4)Everything that has already been mentioned below.

 
At 3:49 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

Oh yeah, i forgot about the sense of humour thing too! It's a must have.

 
At 10:38 AM , Blogger Kelly said...

mine deal breakers? Yeah..
*Job
*no drugs
*SENSE OF HUMOR and can (and wants to) carry on a conversation
*must love (at at the very least like) my kitties :-)

From the looks of what's been going on...I must be asking for too much ;-) haha

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home