Thursday, July 13, 2006

RANDOM THOUGHTS FROM MY VACATION - FINALLY!!

Ok...I really don't have time to blog about the cruise. So here are some highlights!
**I had to wake up every morning, when we were on the ship, at 7:30 to be at poolside by 8am so I could get four lounge chairs for me and my family. The rest of them, didn't get down to the pool until after 10**
**The whole week I was gone, it rained in Baltimore. Weather on vacation...SUNNY AND HOT!!!**
**I averaged 6 drinks a day (frozen drink at 12, drink while playing bingo at 4, wine with my dinner, a coffee drink with dessert, the drink of the day at the evening show and a cosmopolitan at night!**
**I don't like free-style dining. I don't want to make choices about where to eat on vacation. My family cannot make a choice without a thirty minute conversation**
**The food on the Norweigen Cruise Line, not that great! The good thing with that is that I didn't gain any weight!**
**The staff on the ship are awesome!! I wish in real life I could raise my hand and get a drink**
**I can float on my back in the ocean for hours (and did so)**
**The gambling at the Atlantis Hotel in Nassau really expensive**
**Flirting with Romanian Blackjack dealers until they blush, gets you better cards ("Come on honey, give it to me!")**
**I play blackjack better with a drink in hand (I swear...one night I was sucking so bad that my father yelled at me to get a drink...my luck changed around!)**
**My mother, aunt and I have NO luck at Bingo but we still play it, every day at 4pm...alcohol helps numb the loser feeling**
**Whenever you go somewhere on vacation, you should bring a camera. I missed a great picture of my rather large father laying on the floor doing the worm. I could have made big money selling that picture to my little brothers!**
**If you need someone to cheer out loud for you, don't asks my family! I got voted off The Weakest Link because my family didn't cheer to vote off the other person. A polite clap does not cut it!**
**Sailing on a cattamaran is awesome!**
**When you go snorkling, bring more than one underwater camera! You're going to just click, click and click, run out of pictures and then see something else that's amazing (like a huge turtle the size of a outdoor garbage can)**
**Going on a cruise with my family, may not be the most exciting vacation, but it's fun. ESPECIALLY WHEN THEY PAY FOR EVERYTHING, INCLUDING ALCOHOL!!!**

Well if I figure out how to do it, I'll post some pics but don't hold your breathe on my computer screen. It took me six months to figure out how to link other blogs and still I have trouble with it!

3 Comments:

At 8:06 AM , Blogger Andrea said...

sounds like a GREAT trip...I'm jealous

:)

 
At 9:13 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

I would love to see a pic of your dad doing the worm!! OMG!! That would be hilarious!!

I also love sailing on catamarans!! yeehaa!

 
At 11:58 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Sounds like you had a great time, would of loved to see your dad doing the worm. I am glad you enjoyed your vacation. You defenitely deserved it.

Can't wait to see some pictures if you figure out how to load them.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home