Tuesday, August 01, 2006

I WHORED MYSELF OUT FOR YANKEE TICKETS

before I begin...I must thank HipChick for this title. And yes, in person she is a very hip chick and one of the coolest people i know!

Now back to the regularly scheduled blog!

Yes, I whored myself out for Yankee tickets. I got a call of a friend of mine who works as an usher for Camden Yards. Camden Yards for those non-baseball freaks is the home of the Baltimore Orioles. Yes, I am living in Baltimore now and have been for 13 years now. But I grew up in New York and I am a Yankee fan but I will root for the Orioles when the Yankee's aren't in town.

So Usher girl called me last week and asked me if I wanted free Yankee tickets. Well, duh-huh!!! OF COURSE I DO!! Well Usher girl will get me two free Oriole tickets for this Friday nights game if I bring Toyota Guy to the game. She's heard about him from other friends of ours and wants to meet him. So I have whored myself out for Yankee tickets. I mean chances are I would have asked him anyways since the friend I normally go to Yankee games with hasn't called me in weeks and hasn't emailed me his phone number from when my phone went swimming but I feel so used!!

Other stuff going on in my life?? Thursday night, my cool baby brother who works for 100.7 The Bay, a local classic rock radio station, got me two free tickets to a private dinner/Kansas concert. Very cool huh!! And to top it all off, it's my VERY COOL BABY BROTHER BIRTHDAY SO HERE'S WISHING HIM A HAPPY BIRTHDAY.

Ok...I'm dust in the wind (hee-hee...like the Kansas reference) and out of here!

7 Comments:

At 10:57 PM , Blogger Kris said...

GO Yankees, and when its great tickets to baseball whoring it out is not so bad.

Totally read my mind, because as soon as you said Kansas, I got Dust In the Wind in my head. Awesome!

 
At 10:49 PM , Blogger HipChick said...

Thanks for the kudos chick! These things just come to me...

Who the hell is Kansas, anyway? I hope you have good times at the game!

 
At 7:41 AM , Blogger cosmopolgirl said...

Yankee game tonight...heat wave breaking game should be good.

As for the Kansas concert it was fun. free food, free alcohol! Way too many cosmo's!

 
At 7:12 PM , Blogger Kris said...

I hope you post about the Yankees game..have fun and stay cool!

 
At 8:42 AM , Blogger Blue944 said...

I have been trying to get Yankees tickets for a while...I want them for a home game though. I am going to a Mets game later in the month. Hope it was all good...

 
At 4:33 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

Next time you go whoring for tickets don't forget about me...I wanna go...

 
At 7:31 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

I hope he realises what a sacrifice you made for him!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home