Monday, August 28, 2006

BAT IN THE HOUSE

I'm sitting here downstairs in my living room bawling my eyes out because upstairs in my bedroom is a bat. Yes, you heard me correctly, A BAT!! I was upstairs hanging out in my bedroom, im'ing Phantom Lady and debating about going to bed early when in flew what I thought was a bird. The "bird" kept fluttering around the bedroom so I closed the door and called my best friend and her hubby from two doors down to come over and help me get the "bird" the heck out of my house. In the door they came, armed with two lacross sticks (got to love friends) and up they went to check out my "bird" visitor. Immediately they realized that this was no bird but a damm bat!!! They shut the door and kept looking it in watching it flutter around the room. All of a sudden the fluttering stopped. The bedroom window was opened a crack but I don't know if it got out. I tried calling animal control but they said that there was nothing they could do. They suggested opening a window, shutting the door, and turning on the light. So I've done that! Now I'm sitting on the sofa downstairs, with the animals (dog and two cats) locked in the basement, crying my eyes out.
NOW I'M SITTING HERE CRYING, PISSED AS SHIT AT EVERYONE!! I called my brother to come over, who didn't believe I had a bat in the house. I HUNG UP ON HIM!! I called TG to come over, who said I should come over there cause he was in the middle of something. I can't leave the animals here by themselves. He said he'd call me later. I HUNG UP ON HIM!! I called my dad in hysterics who told me he was on the other line and to hold on. I held uon for ten seconds and then I HUNG UP ON HIM! He called me back about five minutes later and proceeded to tell me the bat is probably gone if I don't hear it fluttering anymoe. I HUNG UP ON HIM! I called Phantom Lady, started talking and became hysterical again so I said goodbye (I didn't hang up on her because she was being sweet but I was hysterical so I said goodbye!)

SO BASICALLY MY TODAY IS I HAVE A BAT, POSSIBLY STILL, IN THE HOUSE! I'M PISSED AT EVERYONE! SCARED SHITLESS! WANT TO MOVE! AND WILL NOW NOT BEING BLE TO SLEEP IN MY BEDROOM ANYMORE! DON'T EXPECT ME TO BE SLEEPING TONIGHT! YOU CAN FIND ME SITTING ON THE SOFA IN A STATE OF HYSTERICS!!!!

4 Comments:

At 10:28 PM , Blogger ndheathen said...

When I was still in school we got bats in our dorm all the time. Anyone who felt like procastinationg would grab their athletic stick of preference, and go chase after the bat. It was kinda fun. Tennis rackets always seemed to be the most successful.

 
At 9:55 PM , Blogger Kris said...

Bats were also frequent visitors in our dorm. Remember they are blind creatures, and probably as scared as you are.

The bat if still in your house would be still flying about in a panic. It wouldn't swoop under your bed and hide. It wants out as badly as you want it out.

Just remember the little guy is as out of place in your room, as you are with figuring out why it got in in the first place.

Just take some deep breaths, have a drink, and then go upstairs in a little bit and check. And then next time take the neighbors stick and beat TG for not coming over. LOL

 
At 8:55 PM , Blogger Dawn said...

i asked my husband if he woul dgo catch it but al he said was that if you open a window it will leave and they are more scared of you then you are of them...yeah..he told me that when I had a mouse in my apartment and that did not make me feel any better...SORRY...I tried for you!!! I feel sorry for you. If you want me to take you out for a few drinks to forget about it I will...don't ask me to go inside your house though ;)

 
At 8:16 AM , Blogger Cherry! said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAAHA!!!!!!!

OMFG!!! You're hilarious!! I cannot stop laughing at this post! I take it the bat has gone? You're now living alone again?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home