Sunday, July 13, 2008

Cross Your Fingers, Toes And Every Other Crossable Body Part For Me

As said in my previous post, I'm absolutely miserable at my job so I'm doing the job search. Dang I really hate interviewing. Well Friday I went on an interview with a non-public school that I absolutely loved. The atmosphere was so homey, not at all an institutional school feel. The walls are various colors (blue, purple, pink, etc). The cafeteria uses real dining tables, placemats, etc. Just a completely homey feel. While I was waiting for the Director of Educational Services (a.k.a. principal) for fifteen minutes, everyone who walked by smiled and said hello. The meeting with the principal went great. We had a fabulous rapport, alot of the same experiences, values, etc. When he brought out the schedule he was thinking about for the kids, I got my mojo going and started rambling off ideas for the program. He called down the rooms assistant and started calling it "my class" (good sign right??). So apparantly it's an ED (emotionally disturbed school) that has a few kids with autism in it but they're looking to expand the program. The just got funding that there would never be any more than 5 kids per classroom (right now they have 8). My class would start with 3, the lowest functioning class (my specialty). He said that they're looking for someone to help expand the program. He was just that morning, after our interview, meeting with money people to get funding to knock out a wall to open up a new wing so they can expand the autism program. He kept saying my experience would be great for that and would have lots of room for advancement. Unfortunately the money people got there early so he had the assistant give me a tour and said he would call me later. As I left, the assistant, who I adored, said that she would "see me in a couple of weeks."
When I left there I knew that was the place I'm supposed to go. I'm a person that goes with my gut a lot and my gut was screaming, this is it. Friday night, I got home and send the principal a thank you email and about an hour later, from his phone email I got an email that said
"We loved you! Great interview! You seem like a great fit!
I have made my recommednations to HR; I believe you should hear from
early next week. if you have not, please call
"

WOO-HOO!!!! Now, we just have to pray that the salary that they'll offer, or will negotiate to pay, will be what I need to make! So like I said, keep your fingers, toes and every other crossable body part crossed for me.

I'll let you know what happens!!!

2 Comments:

At 11:54 PM , Blogger Eebie said...

Bravo! Best of luck to you!

 
At 11:56 PM , Blogger Kris said...

I will keep everything crossed for you! It sounds like a wonderful place, and if they are smart they will hire you. Too bad they don't accept recommendations from bloggers or you would have mine! And perhaps with more cash in hand, you could come for a visit?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home